Connect with us


Gas Explosion Claims Life In Kwara



Gas Explosion Claims Life In Kwara

At the Tabernacle Area, Egbe Garage in the Omu-aran Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, a woman was murdered in a cooking gas explosion.

According to the reports, the event happened on Monday at around 10:35 a.m., as she was attempting to make dinner for her family.

The victim’s spouse, who was also caught within the gas explosion, was saved when firefighters were able to quickly bring the situation under control. After that, he was taken to the hospital.

According to reports, the sitting room, kitchen, and dining sections of the building were all damaged by the fire.

Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, Director of the Kwara State Fire Service, who confirmed the occurrence, urged the general public, especially ladies, to go and learn the proper technique for using a cooking gas cylinder.

Gas explosion hazards have been something of a recurring hazard  for users of cooking gases in various areas of Nigeria that have claimed lives and resulted in casualties.