Good morning! TopNaija.ng brings you today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. It was indeed a black Sunday in Anambra State as several worshipers were killed after gunmen launched early morning attack during a Sunday service at St. Philips Catholic Church in Ozubulu.
The gunmen were said to be hunting for a drug baron, traced him to his house but were told he had gone to church.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari, Senate President, Bukola Saraki, his House of Reps counterpart, Yakubu Dogara, the Christian Association of Nigeria, Nigerian governors and others have strongly condemned the Sunday’s attack on St. Philips Catholic Church in Ozubulu.
They all called on the security agencies to fish out those behind the cruel and bloody attack.
3. Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, has called on Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to return the entire pension he received since 2007 from Kwara State government to the state.
Falana also asked Saraki submit the house the state government bought for him in Abuja since he has stopped receiving pension from the state.
4. The Federal Government on Sunday withdrew the nomination of two members of the Board of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, ICPC.
It said those whose nominations were withdrawn are Maimuna Aliyu and Sa’ad Alanamu.
5. Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has insisted that President Muhammadu Buhari will not resign.
Adesina said the President would always do what is legal and constitutional but would not be forced out of office because of his ailing health.
6. Former member of the House of Representatives and Commissioner for Environment in Anambra state during Governor Chris Ngige’s era, Engr. Sir Chris Okey Enemuo has been kidnapped.
Enemuo was kidnapped around Udi, Enugu state few days after picking his nomination and expression of interest form to contest for the November Governorship election under the Labour Party (LP).
7. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has fired all his Special Advisers.
Wike in a statement by Simeon Nwakaudu, his Special Assistant on Electronic Media, however, noted that the Special Adviser on Religious Affairs, Bishop Winston Iwo retained his post.
8. Reports say that over 200 members of the House of Representatives have taken delivery of brand new exotic cars.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Abdulrazak Namdas, disclosed that over 200 members had been given Peugeot 508 series for “utility services.”
9. Suspended Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Timi Frank, said in Abuja, on Sunday that the party is dead under its chairman, John Oyegun.
10. In sport, Arsenal yesterday won this year’s Community Shield, after defeating Chelsea via penalty kicks at Wembley.
💰Make, Manage & Multiply More Money FREE CLICK HERE👌
How to JAPA to the UK easily [Free Application Templates]