Applications are open for PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme. The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of twenty successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
The programme is intended to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
PIDM is a Government agency established under Akta Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (Malaysia Deposit Insurance Corporation Act). PIDM was set up in 2005 to administer the Deposit Insurance System (DIS) aimed at protecting depositors.
- Application Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:
Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
Mentoring and Coaching
- Number of Scholarships: The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of twenty successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
- Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of twenty successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally. This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2018) and be a full-time student;
You must have good academic results in SPM (minimum 5As with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English) /STPM or A-Level equivalent (minimum 2As). In the absence of STPM or A-Levels, the applicant should possess Pre-University entrance examinations (such as foundation, matriculation, or diploma) with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (“CGPA”) of 3.50 and above.
You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
You may submit your application prior to receiving your acceptance by one of the PIDM approved list of colleges and universities. However, any offer of scholarship will be conditional upon you meeting all necessary conditions and upon securing admission into one of the eligible programs at one of the approved colleges or universities.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application online together with all relevant supporting documentation.