The Institute of Art, Design + Technology is introducing Uversity Scholarships for Mature Students to study in the Republic of Ireland. These are intended to remove financial barriers so that adult learners can unlock their potential and realize their academic ambitions.
Uversity’s Scholarships are intended to unlock adult learners’ potential. By providing meaningful, multi-annual financial support, Uversity’s Scholarships aim to remove the financial barriers to pursue a Bachelor’s degree for the first time.
Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology (IADT) is located at Dún Laoghaire, Ireland. It was established in 1997 and incorporated the former Dún Laoghaire College of Art and Design as its School of Creative Arts. The institution has an emphasis on creative arts and media with the National Film School (NFS) located on campus. The college offers programmes in entrepreneurship, arts and humanities, business, arts management, psychology/cyberpsychology, computing and digital media technology.
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Bachelors degree programme.
- Study Subject: Uversity’s Scholarships will provide financial support to individuals 23 years or older who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in any subject in one of the participating institutions.
- Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will cover some or all of the following costs:
- Registration & tuition fees
- Pre-enrolment education assessments if required
- Laptop, books and other materials
- Wifi and telephone access
- Childcare/Family support
- Living expenses e.g. accommodation/maintenance etc.
- Nationality: citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Republic of Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students must be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Uversity’s Scholarships will support adult learners, who are not in a financial position, to enroll on and complete a Bachelor’s degree that will transform their lives and those around them. Preference will be given to candidates enrolling for a full-time Bachelor’s programme that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years in any subject in one of the participating institutions.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be 23 years and older by 1st January in the year of enrolment
- Be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st January prior to the year of enrolment
- Be returning to higher education in the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year after a break from education of 3 years or more or
- have completed a higher education progression/preparation course in the last 2 years
- Apply to a participating institution(s) on the island of Ireland as per the institutions’ application processes and be offered a place on a Bachelor’s Programme for the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year. PLEASE NOTE that applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must have received an offer and registered in their chosen programme to receive their first instalment of the scholarship.
- Be able to demonstrate:
- Socio-economic disadvantage and financial need (e.g. in receipt of social benefit)
- A clear and stated motivation for returning to education and an ambition for their educational journey
- A drive to succeed and strong work ethic
- An ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: If you think you are eligible and have the information outlined above please complete the online application here.
You will be required to enter an email address and a unique application number will be sent to you. Please keep this safe. You can log in at any time and stop and start your application until you are ready to submit.
Applications to be submitted via Uversity’s online application system.
The following information is required:
- Biographical / contact details
- Details of your education and employment to date
- Details of your financial circumstances and need
- A motivation statement of maximum 500 words
- Details of two referees