ADB initiated the Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF) in 2006, with the aim of sharing best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region’s climate and energy security challenges. In the years since, ACEF has become the premier clean energy knowledge sharing event in the region which attracts a diverse group of stakeholders from governments, national and multinational banks, carbon and clean energy investment funds, project developers and service providers, academe, civil society, and development partners and other international organizations, engaged in cross-cutting issues of clean energy development and financing, climate change, energy access and security, and governance in the energy sector.
To coincide with the ACEF 2018 on 4-8 June, we encourage all amateur photographers from ADB Member Countries to submit photos related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, increasing energy access, and energy innovations focused in Asia.
ADB reserves the right to edit and publish any of the submitted photos on its websites or other materials for nonprofit use alongside the ADB logo. Entrants will retain their intellectual property rights to their photos.
The prizes are:
- First prize: $500
- Second prize: $200
- Third prize: $100
- Special Prize: $200 (most likes)
- Each of these prize winners will also receive a complimentary registration for ACEF 2018
- The contest is open to people of all ages from ADB Member countries (https://www.adb.org/about/members)
- Only nonprofessional photographers can compete. Nonprofessional photographers are defined as those who do not make a living off of their photography skills.
Eligible Regions: ADB Member Countries.
- Where do I submit my photos?
- Submit your photos by uploading them to Instagram and tagging them as #acef2018 and also tagging our Instagram account @asiacleanenergyforum
- Rules and Guidelines: What photos should I take?
- Breathtaking photos of people, places, specific projects that remind all of us about the importance of innovations in clean energy (energy efficiency, renewable energy, and energy access) and the impact that it can have on the quality of life for people, communities, entire cities, and nations.
- Images must be original and taken personally by the photographer, not previously published
- No entries using advertising, inappropriate images, or that violate any laws are allowed
- Contestants can submit as many photos as they like
- Add a caption, in English, of no more than 150 words to explain the photo
Application Deadline: May 15, 2018 (8 Days Remaining)