On Friday morning, unusual tragedy struck as three men and a woman who newly moved packed into an apartment on Reachman Estate, behind Anglican Girl Grammar School, Asaba, Delta State, were found lifeless.
TopNaija gathered that the victims, who were in their mid thirties, packed into the estate on Tuesday. The cause of their death could not be ascertained as of press time, but some neighbours attributed the death to generator fumes.
An eyewitness, a neighbour, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said, “I don’t know any of them but one of them who is the original tenant on this estate is one Mr Mike from Isoko whose father was still in the mortuary before this incident. They packed in two days ego. Since Wednesday, their door had been locked and we were wondering why they did not come out. It was in that process we informed the police.
“Policemen broke the door and found five of them lying on the floor. Four of them were already dead while one was in a coma. We immediately rushed him to the hospital. Their generator was on till 10am on Thursday before it went off by itself.”
Another neighbour, who described the incident as pathetic, also said he saw the victims packing their loads into a newly rented apartment on Tuesday. “With the look of things, it seems generator fumes killed them,” he added.
The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, who confirmed the incident on Friday, said the bodies had been deposited at the morgue in the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba, for autopsy.
She added, “Investigation is ongoing to unravel the circumstances leading to the death of the four occupants of the estate.”
Join Us On Telegram | Promote Your Music