It’s a beautiful morning! TopNaija.ng brings you today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari, Monday wrote to the National Assembly on his readiness to resume duty after his return from London. The President in the letter said he has resumed duty from his medical vacation in the United Kingdom and has now assumed his role as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with effect from Monday.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide broadcast of Sunday morning has continued to elicit reactions from across the country. While some Nigerians are of the view that his message in the broadcast was without depth, and failed to address salient national issues, others have commended the speech, saying it was a good summary of what should be expected in a few days of the president’s resumption.
3. Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has said those calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign are ‘elements’ that should have their heads examined for insanity. He said God has heard the prayers of most Nigerians and restored Buhari’s health, wondering where the adversaries would put their faces. The governor was addressing newsmen at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja upon his return from China.
4. A woman, Mrs. Omotola Akerele, has alleged that a pastor with the Christ Apostolic Church, CAC, Mathew Olakunle, had sex with her when she was undergoing spiritual healing in his church, which resulted in pregnancy. Report says Olakunle, who was the head of the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke Itura, in Iju town, in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was allegedly fond of praying for women in the church without their clothes on.
5. The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, the umbrella body of Fulani Herdsmen, on Monday asked the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose to tender an unreserved apology to President Muhammadu Buhari over his disparaging comments on the President’s health. The National Coordinator of the body, Alhaji Garus Gololo, warned that should Fayose fail to apologise to Buhari, the body will drag him to court.
6. Despite his resumption of duty, President Muhammadu Buhari will be working from his official residence at the Villa. His Personal Assistant on New Media, Bashir Ahmad explained through his twitter handle that the President will temporarily operate from his official residence pending an ongoing renovation work at his office.
7. The Senate president, Bukola Saraki, yesterday, confirmed receipt of the President’s letter of resumption. Saraki in his Twitter handle said he had received the letter and also acknowledged same.
8. The Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, yesterday, disagreed with President Buhari’s assertion that Nigeria was not negotiable, saying it was hypocritical of the President to still believe in one Nigeria. The leader of the group, Comrade Uchenna Madu, in a statement, said the people of Biafra can never be deceived by a man fully blooded with religious and ethnic hatred against the people of Biafra.
9. Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has asked people of the state to rise up against the threat by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, that it would disrupt the November 18 governorship election in the state, urging Anambarians to confront any person or group that attempts to disrupt peace or cause chaos during the election.
10. Report has it that unknown gunmen allegedly shot and killed the former chairman of the outlawed Community Development Association, CDA, of Oghoghobi village near Benin, Mr. Lambart Igbinomwanhia, at his residence on Sunday morning. In a reaction, the youths in the community, set ablaze the palace of their traditional ruler, Chief Omokaro Omoregie, alleging that some traditional rulers masterminded the killing.
Sports19 hours ago
Situations get dire for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool
Entertainment23 hours ago
Zlatan surprises old schoolmate with $500,000 Icebox Necklace, $800 Cash on stage (Video)
NEWS19 hours ago
“I am currently in Abuja talking with some people in Government. The cost of living will reduce” – Comedian Seyi Law to Nigerians