The aim of the Poster Prize for Illustration competition 2019 is to attract artwork for display that is colorful, inspiring and celebrates the vibrant, multi-layered city that is London.
This year the theme is London Stories. Artists are invited to visually capture a familiar or lesser-known narrative in a single image.
Impress the jury with your illustrated interpretation of a London story and be in with a chance of having your work displayed at the famous London Transport Museum and winning the top prize.
Featured Image illustrator: Julia Allum
- Prizes will be awarded in three levels:
First prize: £2,000 and feature of the winning image on a London Transport Museum poster to be displayed on the London Underground
Second prize: £1,000
Third prize: £750
- There will also be a special public vote Museum Collection Prize.
- The top 100 entries selected by a panel of judges will be displayed in an exhibition at London Transport Museum that will run from February to Summer 2019.
- Shortlisted images will be featured on merchandise sold in London Transport Museum’s Covent Garden and online shops.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- Artwork should be a portrait orientation image file saved as .jpg, .png or .gif , in RGB mode, and should be under 4MB up to 3000px for the longest dimension. LTM prefers that artworks conform to actual or pro rata standard poster size.
- Applicants must warrant that their Submission is their own original work and it does not infringe the rights (including any intellectual property rights) of any third party
- Submission, must not be obscene or offensive, refer to or include any political, religious or sexual topic, weapons or violence, or any charity or commercial brand (other than LTM, AOI or TfL if desired).If people are included in the Submission, it is important to remember the ethnic and cultural diversity of our cities, and make provision accordingly.
Eligible Regions: Open for All