Connect with us

Metro

Man gets electrocuted while plucking pawpaw in Lagos

Published

on

Two staff of BEDC electrocuted in Delta-TopNaija.ng

Uchena Harrison, a security guard, has been electrocuted while attempting to pluck pawpaw from a tree at his workplace in the Abule Oshun area of Lagos State.

 

It was gathered that the 56-year-old and four other security guards were on duty on Friday when he reportedly became hungry and without the knowledge of his colleagues, proceeded to the pawpaw tree.

It was learnt that Harrison placed a ladder on the tree and after climbing it, used an iron rod to pluck the fruit.

Speaking to the press, a resident, Jubril Adesoji, said Harrison mistakenly used the iron rod to hit a naked wire which passed through the tree.

“The shock he suffered during the electrocution threw him away from the ladder and he landed on the ground. He died on the spot,” he added.

A source said Harrison’s remains were later found around the pawpaw tree.

The source said, “Initially, his colleagues were searching for him until one of them suggested that they should check him around the pawpaw tree. When they got there around 10pm, his corpse was found lying on the floor. About five of the security guards were on duty on that day. From what we gathered, his corpse was deposited in the Badagry General Hospital mortuary.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident.

 

He said, “Investigation by the DPO, SP Olanrewaju Smith, revealed that he was using an iron rod to pluck some of the pawpaw on a tree located near an electric pole and was electrocuted. The corpse has been deposited in a mortuary.”

DOWNLOAD TOPNAIJA NEWS APP


Share your story with us: Whatsapp: +2349032253648 | Telegram | Promote Your Music
Access Complete Primary & Secondary Education Online CLICK HERE!

Advertisement