Are you a tech talent in the United Kingdom looking to extend your Global Talent Visa? In this post, we’re going to break down the process step by step, ensuring that you can continue contributing your cutting-edge skills to the UK’s digital technology sector.
So, what does it take to extend your Global Talent Visa in the UK? Let’s dive right into the details.
Step 1: Earning Proof
To extend your Global Talent Visa, you’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve earned money in the UK related to your field of expertise during your current visa period. Additionally, if you have a partner or children with dependent visas, they’ll need to apply separately, either concurrently with you or before their current visas expire. The good news is there’s no minimum earnings requirement.
While there’s no minimum earnings requirement, here’s a checklist of documents you’ll need:
- Your employment contract or offer letter
- A letter from your employer verifying your role in the digital tech sector and your salary
- 3 to 6 months of recent payslips, P40, or P60 (It is recommended that you aim for 6 months if possible)
- Bank statements showing payments from your employer
- Optionally, a cover Letter to give an overview of your status, what you do in a product-led or digital tech company, and an explanation of the documents you are sending (optional )
Step 2: The Application Process
Next, let’s talk about the application process:
- Fill out the necessary form (you’ll also upload your BRP, Passport, and endorsement letter for your appointment).
- Make the required payments for your Visa and the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). No worries, if you have an existing IHS payment, it’ll be refunded automatically.
- Choose a convenient date for your biometrics appointment (priority dates are available).
- Attend your biometrics appointment.
- Once your extension is approved, you’ll receive an email notification.
- Expect your new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) to arrive in about 3 weeks. There’s also a priority service available if you want it sooner. They’ll provide instructions on how to safely destroy and return your old BRP.
If you’re self-employed, you’re still eligible for this visa extension (Simply check the main link in the description for more details). You won’t need to undergo a TB test.
To sum it up, extending your Global Talent Visa in the UK involves providing evidence of your earnings in the tech sector and following a straightforward application process. By staying organized and attentive to the details, you can ensure a smooth renewal.
If you found this information valuable, don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to our channel for more insightful content like this. Also, if you’ve got any further questions, feel free to drop ask in the comment section and I’ll respond accordingly Until next time, keep innovating!