United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Regional Control Officer
Reference #: #RMD002
Locations: Aba North, Abia, Nigeria; Awka North, Anambra, Nigeria; Onitsha South, Anambra, Nigeria; Kano Municipal, Kano, Nigeria; Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; Ibadan North-West, Oyo, Nigeria; Omoku, Rivers, Nigeria
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
Contract Type: Permanent
- Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity. Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
- Accounting, Advisory, Analytics, Auditing, Banking, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Counselling, Quality Control
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counselling when required.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained
- Monitor and ensure that open items in GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the
- products recorded in them.
- Minimum B.Sc Accounting 2.1 with ACA
- Minimum of 0- 2 years post-NYSC experience.
- Sound branch operations experience (desirable).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th February, 2018.