On the world wide web, every single click, view and even the emotion is tracked and noted somewhere in the form of statistics in order to understand the user’s behavior.
For your strategy, use and comfort, we have compiled the most important 100 Social Media statistics for 2018 that you must know before entering the new year party.
Social Media has captured this era from personal to professional point of view. One of the reasons why it’s still elevating is due to the high presence of businesses.
The statistics on Social Media are rolled every now and then worldwide, in order to make businesses and brands understand about the benefits they can have from it.
These numbers in the Social Media statistics are blowing the minds of all marketers, they always come in millions and billions. Still, it’s crucial for the future business online strategies.
User Count on Social Media
|Social Channel||Number of users|
|2.072 billion users|
|330 million users|
|800 million users|
|500 million users|
|Google+||111 million users|
|200 million users|
|Snapchat||178 million daily users|
|YouTube||1.5 billion users|
|234 million users|
|WhatsaApp||1.3 billion users|
|Flickr||90 million users|
|1.12 billion users|
|600 million users|
|Airbnb||150 million users|
|Periscope||10 million users|
Social Media statistics for 2018
- There are 3.03 billion active Social Media users
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more Social Media channels
- 81% of all small and medium businesses use more social platforms
- Social Media users grew by 121 million between Q2 2017 and Q3 2017
- That works out at a new Social Media user every 15 seconds
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
Google statistics for 2018
- Google processes 100 billion searches a month
- That’s an average of 40,000 search queries every second
- 91.47% of all internet searches are carried out by Google
- 15% of every day’s queries have never been asked before
- Google has answered 450 billion unique queries since 2003
- 60% of Google’s searches come from mobile devices
- By 2014, Google had indexed over 30,000,000,000,000 (30 trillion) web pages
- Google’s data centre uses 0.01% of worldwide electricity, although it hopes to cut its energy use by 15% using AI
Facebook statistics for 2018
- 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook
- Facebook continues to be the most widely used Social Media platform, with 79% of American internet users
- 79% of the online US adults actively uses Facebook
- Users spend an average of 20 minutes per day on the site
- More than 65 million businesses have a Facebook business page
- Facebook has 5 million active advertisers on the platform
- There are an estimated 270 million fake Facebook profiles
- The most popular page is Facebook’s main page with 204.7m likes.
- Facebook supports for 53.1% of social logins made by consumers to sign into the apps and websites of publishers and brands
Twitter statistics for 2018
- There is a total of 1.3 billion accounts, but only 328 million are active
- The average Twitter user has 707 followers
- But 391 million accounts have no followers at all
- There are 500 million Tweets sent each day. That’s 6,000 Tweets every second
- From the first Tweet to the billionth, t took 3 years, 2 months and 1 day
- 65.8% of US companies with 100+ employees use Twitter for marketing
- 77% of Twitter users feel more positive about a brand when their Tweet has been replied to
- Twitter estimates 23 million of its active users are actually bots
- ‘Tears of joy’ is the most Tweeted emoji, with 14.5 billion Tweets
Instagram statistics for 2018
- There are 800 million Monthly Active Users on Instagram
- Around 95 million photos are uploaded each day
- Photos count around 91.07% of all Instagram posts
- There are 4.2 billion Instagram Likes per day
- More than 40 billion photos have been shared so far
- 90 percent of Instagram users are younger than 35
- When Instagram introduced videos, more than 5 million were shared in 24 hours
- Pizza is the most popular Instagrammed food, behind sushi and steak
- Instagram has 70% of hashtags which are branded
LinkedIn statistics for 2018
- LinkedIn has 500 million members in 200 countries
- 106 million of those access the site on a monthly basis
- More than 1 million members have published content on LinkedIn
- The average CEO has 930 LinkedIn connections
- Over 3 million companies have created LinkedIn accounts
- But only 17% of US small businesses use LinkedIn
- 10 million jobs are actively listed on LinkedIn
- 122 Million people have received an Interview from their LinkedIn profile
Snapchat statistics for 2018
- Snapchat has 178m active daily users
- On an average, 3 billion snaps are sent every day
- 60% of the Snapchat users are under 25 years of age
- In 2016, $90m was spent on Snapchat ads
- 47% of US teens think it’s better than Facebook
- The average snapchat user spends 25-30 minutes on the platform every day
- 54% of Snapchat users log in at least once per day
- 55% of Snapchat users report that they follow one or more brands or businesses on the platform
Social Media statistics for business for 2018
- Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015
- $40bn was spent on social network advertising in 2016
- 38% of organizations plan to spend more than 20% of their total advertising budgets on Social Media channels in 2015, up from 13% a year ago
- Only 20 Fortune 500 companies actually engage with their customers on Facebook, while 83% have a presence on Twitter
- People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on Social Media than other types of content
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
- 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases
- More than 56% of online adults use more than one Social Media platform
- 39% of LinkedIn users pay for monthly premium accounts
- 88% of businesses with more than 100 employees use twitter for marketing purposes
Social Media statistics for content for 2018
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than tweets without images
- On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily
- More than 1 million LinkedIn users have published long-form content, with 160,000 long-form posts being published weekly. and over 19.7 million SlideShare presentations have been uploaded to the platform
- 45% of marketers say blogging is their #1 most important content strategy
- On WordPress alone, 91.8 million blog posts are published every month
- Only 55% of bloggers update old posts. Those who do are 74% more likely to get strong results
- The average reader only spends 37 seconds reading an article or blog post.
- The top 3 content marketing tactics are Social Media content (83%), blogs (80%), and email newsletters (77%)
- 89% of B2B marketers use content marketing strategies
- Facebook now sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users
- Snapchat users also sees 8 billion average daily video views
- US adults spend an average of 1 hour, 16 minutes each day watching video on digital devices
- Also in the US, there were 175.4m people watching digital video content
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, 55% watch every day
- It’s estimated that video will account for 74% of all online traffic in 2017
Social Media isn’t a fun place anymore, it is constantly providing a meaning to the online professionalism. The above Social Media statistics have been linked to the source and research websites, some are subjected to approximation.
What do these Social Media statistics mean to marketers?
Social Media Marketing is unceasingly proving to be successful in a way that traditional advertising isn’t–and thanks to the advanced metrics that help us understand our audience, content marketing teams can make more knowledgeable future decisions with the digital medium. Now may be it’s the perfect time to think about your business for the year 2018.
HOW MUCH TIME EACH GENERATION SPENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Adults 18-35 are spending 6 hours and 19 minutes on social media each week.
Gen X spends 39 more minutes per week on social than Millennials.
Adults age 35-49 are spending 6 hours and 58 minutes on social media each week.
Adults over 50 are spending 4 hours and 9 minutes on social media.
Eager to know from you!
Social Media statistics can be analyzed in various forms in order to meet different business strategies. Comment the Social Media statistics that helped you strategize your business goals.
2018 Internet Trends, Stats & Facts
Global Internet Trends
Number of Websites in 2018
There are over 1.24 billion websites all over the world.
Web Growth Statistics
The fastest growing segment of the internet is the number of mobile social media users.
Mobile Internet Penetration
South Korea leads with 71.5% of the population who are mobile users.
Internet Traffic Statistics
There are 4,156,932,140 internet users as of December 2017.
Asia accounts for almost half of the world’s internet users.
Smart Device Comparisons
Percentage of Mobile Web Internet Traffic
An astonishing 83% of Kenya’s total web traffic comes from mobile devices.
Number of SmartPhone Users
While several forecasts pegged 2014 as the “year of revolution” when mobile-only users would surpass desktop-only users, it turns out the forecast finally became reality in the U.S. in 2015. Since the start of 2017, mobile has surpassed desktop use and steadily remains so.
U.S. Platform Trends
In the U.S. the fastest growing segments of device ownership are smartphones and tablets.
Tablet Internet Use
Tablet penetration has risen slowly over the past couple of years. By 2020, tablets will be used by 35% of all internet users.
Desktop vs Mobile vs Tablets in the U.K.
How Load Time Affects Web Page Abandonment
While web page features such as plug-ins, pop-ups, and streaming video may help convey your message, they hinder the page load time. As the following charts show, a page that takes longer than 3 seconds to load runs a high risk of abandonment.
Global Internet Speed Trend
Good news: internet speeds around the globe are at their highest peak ever.
Search and Social Media
Most Popular U.S. Online Activities
In the U.S. last year, communication and social apps dominate.
Content Management System Trends
WordPress continued to win content management market share with over 60%. The No. 2 system, Joomla, had a 6.4% market share.
Percentage of Internet Browser Users
In terms of web browsers used, Google Chrome continues to thrive. According to the latest numbers, it is more than 4 times as popular as its next closest competitor (Firefox).
Percent of Internet Time Spent on Search Engine/Social Media, etc.
The top three activities for Mobile device users in 2018: maps, instant messenger, and music.
Percent of Most Visited Websites
Google wants to be the internet’s portal, and it is well on its way. The internet giant’s flagship page nearly tripled the 2nd place website (Facebook) in terms of page visits.
Global and U.S. E-Commerce Trends
Statistics on Internet Research before a Purchase
People between 18-29 are the most likely to purchase a product online, while only a little more than half will research the product beforehand.
Facts and Statistics about Product Reviews
Think reviews are important? You’re right! 53% of shoppers read customer reviews before purchasing a product.
E-commerce Spending Via Desktops
When it comes to online purchasing, people purchase more on desktop than they do on tablet or smart-phones.
World E-commerce Statistics
Business to Consumer sales (B2C)have steadily increased over the years. The Asian-Pacific nations lead this category, with an expected $707 billion + of sales in 2017.
Who Uses the Internet to Shop?
The U.S. leads in overall e-commerce spending.
2017 U.S. Online Shopping
In terms of U.S. e-commerce, Pinterest is lapping the field.
Forecast and Trends for 2018 and Beyond
Currently, mobile users spend double the time in apps as they do on mobile web pages. In future years, this gap is expected to grow even wider.
Mobile App vs Mobile Web
Worldwide E-commerce Forecast
By 2021, global retail e-commerce sales are expected to approach $4.4 trillion.
Subscribe to TN Daily!
Follow us on Instagram | Advertise With Us | Send Us News Tips | Promote Your Music