For the academic year beginning 1 October 2018 Open University Business School is inviting applications for a number of full-time funded PhD studentships.
The Open University, established by Royal Charter on 23 April 1969, is the leading university for flexible, innovative and world-leading research in the United Kingdom and in over 100 countries worldwide. Uniquely placed to understand the needs of part-time students, combining their learning while earning, our innovative, award-winning distance teaching credentials have seen over 2 million students receive an education, otherwise denied to them at campus-based universities.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: PhD project titles we are offering are listed below:
- Accounting and Finance
- People and Organisations
- Strategy and Marketing
- Public Leadership and Social Enterprise
- Scholarship Award: The studentships cover tuition fees, a generous research training support grant and a stipend (circa £14,533 per annum) for 36 months.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants for the PhD programme should have minimum qualifications of an upper second class honours degree 2:1 (or an equivalent) and usually a specialist masters in a subject relevant to the intended study with a strong research element.
Applicants who speak English as a foreign language and/or are applying for a Tier 4 visa must have achieved SELTS (Secure English Language Test) from a UK Border Agency-approved provider at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), in all four elements (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
We also welcome full-time and part-time self-funded applications in topics in business and management, dependent on supervision availability.
English Language Requirements: Applicants who speak English as a foreign language and/or are applying for a Tier 4 visa must have achieved SELTS (Secure English Language Test) from a UK Border Agency-approved provider at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), in all four elements (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
How to Apply: Applications must include the following:
- A 1000 word proposal which indicates your knowledge of the literature, methods and likely approach to your project of interest
- A covering letter indicating your suitability for the project
- A completed application form
- Certificates with transcripts, if possible, confirming your professional qualifications relevant to your application
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!