Applications are open for the Dealhack Community Volunteer Scholarship. Every year they award a $1,500 scholarship to the applicant who best demonstrates exceptional volunteer involvement in their community.
At Dealhack, they believe that volunteer involvement is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community. To encourage this value, they’ve decided to reward a college or university student who demonstrates outstanding volunteer involvement in their community.
The winner of our annual award will receive a $1,500 USD scholarship to use towards their tuition. Wire transfer and currency exchange fees will be covered by Dealhack.
Note: Payment of the scholarship will be remitted to the winner’s respective academic tuition services department in full no later than August 4th, 2018. The scholarship recipient is responsible for payment of any applicable State, Provincial, and/or Federal taxes due to the receipt of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Be in good standing with their current academic institution.
- Exemplify outstanding community volunteer involvement.
- Have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
- Simply fill out the application form found here.
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer involvement.
- Use your answers to fully describe your community volunteer involvement and what it means to you to be a volunteer. Questions include:
- How do you help in your community?
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
The winner of the contest will be notified via email and announced on this page no later than 12 midnight PST on August 1st, 2018. If you have any questions or would like further information on this scholarship, please send an email to [email protected]. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
For more information, visit Dealhack Scholarship.