Interested to take a cultural and educational program both in the US and Egypt? Apply now before deadline (31st of May). Young Leaders between the age of 24-35 are invited to apply for the Shafik Gabr Foundation Fellowship Program for 2018. Applicants are accepted from the United States, Egypt, Great Britain, Jordan, Lebanon, and France.
Egypt, United States
- Each year, the Gabr Fellowship consists of 20-24 Fellows, with an equal distribution of men and women.
- Fellows represent various industries and work in the fields of the arts, science, law, media, and entrepreneurship – both business and social.
- The Fellowship provides an opportunity for highly qualified individuals to engage in a life-changing experience that will help them navigate the increasingly interconnected twenty-first century.
- The Fellows are all selected for their achievements, interest in understanding ‘the other,’ and courage to challenge the preconceived notions and stereotypes that continue to divide the two regions.
- Safety is of primary importance to the Gabr Fellowship. On matters of travel and security, the Shafik Gabr Foundation will follow the direction of the U.S. State Department and the Government of Egypt.
- In order to maximize the benefits of the Fellowship, Fellows will share rooms. Each room will house one American Fellow and one Egyptian Fellow of the same gender. There will be no exceptions.
- All lodging, travel, and meals are covered by the Foundation. However, American Fellows are responsible for their transportation to and from JFK airport in New York and Egyptian Fellows are responsible for their travel to and from Cairo.
- Applications are accepted from the United States, Egypt, Great Britain, Jordan, Lebanon, and France.
- All applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years of age.
- Egyptian applicants cannot have visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to Egypt. If you are an applicant from France, Great Britain, Jordan, or Lebanon you should not have visited the US or Egypt.
- Those selected are known as Gabr Fellows and are selected by an expert panel throughout a rigorous application process.
- The Shafik Gabr Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, political party, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or financial ability.
- Please submit only one application.
- The Action Projects presented during the application may be adjusted during the course of the program and the creation of the action project teams.
- All Fellows must have a regular passport valid for at least six months. Fellows are not allowed to travel on official or diplomatic passports. There will be no exceptions.
- All applicants must have English language proficiency.
Eligible Regions: Egypt, USA, UK, France, Jordan, and Lebanon
- Apply online through the given link.
- For more information about the Fellowship, please review the Fellowship Handbook.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2018 (24 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
For more information please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!