The third edition of the AFD Digital Challenge is dedicated to reducing inequalities between men and women on the African continent. The competition is aimed at start-ups which offer innovative services that promote gender equality.
Award-winning start-ups will receive financial and technical support.
The challenge will award 3 categories of projects:
- AFD Digital Challenge Initiative (15 000€ ): Rewarding two startups going through the induction phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to innovate.
- AFD Digital Success Challenge (50,000€): Rewarding two startups going through the expansion phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to scale up and develop.
- AFD Digital Challenge-Jury’s Award (20,000 €): Rewarding one startup demonstrating outstanding originality and uniqueness in its approach to the challenge of women inclusion.
Any innovative entrepreneurial initiative:
- demonstrating the existence of a legal form and having a proven activity on the African continent
- owned by women and/or men, and having a positive impact on women’s inclusion and the reduction of gender inequalities
- leveraging digital technologies to amplify its impact
DEADLINE: November 12, 2018