The non-profit H&M Foundation initiated the Global Change Award in 2015, as part of the Foundation’s focus area Planet. The aim is to speed up the process of finding, supporting and scaling up disruptive innovations that can make the entire fashion industry circular.
They are looking for tomorrow’s game-changers – may it be innovations on digital technologies, how to recover and reuse waste, or ideas supporting a climate positive fashion industry. If the innovation has the potential to make real impact on a large scale, is economically sustainable and if the team behind the innovation is ready to make it happen – it can be a potential winner. And, if the innovation involves an extra layer of social value, they will like it even more. Learn more about what they are looking for in their FAQ.
With more than 8,000 applications from 151 countries received since its launch, this challenge has become the go-to challenge for circular innovation, and has been called the Nobel Prize of fashion.
The winners share a 1 million euro grant and receive access to a one-year Innovation Accelerator Program provided by the H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
Neither the H&M Foundation nor H&M Group will take any equity or intellectual property rights in the innovations.
- 5 winners share €1 million grant.
- Participation is Free of Charge
- A trip to Stockholm to attend the Grand Award Ceremony in April.
- Tailor-made support including trips to Stockholm, New York and Hong Kong for Innovation Accelerator.
- A one-week boot camp, creating insights on innovation readiness, goal setting, IPR protection and innovation development. Provided by KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- Tools, access and exposure to leverage and develop your innovations.
- To connect the teams with the industry, boost their exposure and confidence, they are taken on three intensive immersion weeks in Stockholm, New York and Hong Kong.
- Learning and networking opportunities with leading expertise on circular economy, innovation and insights into future digital customer experiences, as well as meeting investors. Provided by Accenture.
- Open to any individual and groups of up to 4 people over 18 years
- It is also open for institutions, organizations and social business.
- Entry has to be in English and that all communication including the Innovation Accelerator Program will be in English.
- Not open for solely commercial entities
- Can’t apply with an already proven and existing innovation.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Sign up at the given link to apply.
- Early Bird application is available.
- Applicants who send their application to the Global Change Award early, compete for an additional chance to win access to the Innovation Accelerator Program.
- Applying as an Early Bird, however, does not affect your chances of winning the Global Change Award.
- The winner of the Early Bird winner is not required to travel to the ceremony in Stockholm.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2018 (23 Days Remaining)