- Get your stress onto paper. Sometimes we can over analyze things, which brings about anxiety. This is more like over thinking things. If you find yourself over analyzing things, a great way around this is get your thoughts out of your head and write it down on paper. This simple act takes the stress ‘out’ of your body.
- Breathe slow. When we are stressed we tend to naturally breathe from the upper part of our chest and as a result we breathe faster. This puts our body in a state of ‘stress’ as our heart has to work faster than is healthy. To counter this, the best thing you can do is make a conscious effort to slow down your breathing and breathe from the lower part of your abdomen (your diaphragm). This literally slows down your heart rate and relieves the physical symptoms of stress.
- Exercise. Physical activity is very vital to reduce stress. Get out of the house or office and get some fresh air. Exercise has been proven to relieve stress symptoms as it distracts us and ‘interrupts’ our thinking. For example, when we are focused on jogging, that way, it is harder to be over-analysing in our brains rather you would feel invigorated after this.
- Count to 10. Before you say something you might regret, calm yourself down by counting to 10. This is a simple way to over-ride any frustration or anger that pops up as a result of a stressful situation. You will find out that by the time you get to 10, you will feel calmer and less likely to take a rash step you will later regret.
- Eat well. Your diet is crucial when it comes to stress levels. Make sure you are getting enough fresh fruit and vegetables. Cut back on sugars, white carbohydrates and stimulants like caffeine. This would not only will this help your brain to function better, it will also keep your body in shape, which will increase your confidence and lower those stress levels.
Follow us on Instagram | Advertise With Us | Send Us News Tips | Promote Your Music