Following the strict directive by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) for all Nigerians to link their National Identity Number (NIN) to their respective SIM cards or face termination of service from network providers, we bring you the simple process on how to link your NIN with your phone number online.
If you are yet to enrol for the national ID card scheme, check the following links:
Thanks to MTN Nigeria for making the NIN linking a stress free exercise for all its customers, as one can easily get this rectified in minutes right from his/her comfort abode.
We have got just 2 sure, easy and safe method on how you could link your nin to your mtn number via Online.
How To Link Your NIN To Your MTN Number Online
For those having internet connection on standby, here is the easiest way to get your NIN linked to your MTN number before the said deadline given by the NCC.
Before any mtn customer can link his or her nin to an MTN Sim, this are the requirements needed for a successful linking.
- MTN Number
- FULL NAME
- NIN NUMBER
- EMAIL ADDRESS
Only those with National Identity Number (NIN) is allowed to make this linking.
Once you have gotten all required details, kindly follow steps to link your nin to your mtn simcard in minutes.
Visit online MTN CUSTOMER NIN CAPTURE
Now fill In your MTN number
Lastly, Your email Address
Now submit and wait patiently to get a one time password (otp) to authenticate the linking of your nin to your mtn number.
Once the OTP is received, go ahead and Input the received otp and you have successfully updated your NIN details to your MTN line online without stress.
How To Link Your NIN To Your MTN Number Online 2020/2021
You can as well link your nin to your mtn sim directly from your nokia touch light phone and it’s that simple.
Simply dial *785# and input your 11 digit NIN number to link your nin with your mtn sim card.
Code to check if NIN is linked to mtn number?
To confirm if your nin is linked to your mtn sim, simply dial ussd *346# to confirm.
- To link your NIN, simply dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or;
- Dial *785#Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/using your phone or computer.
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How To Check NIN On MTN
If you have registered for NIN, you can check NIN on MTN by dialing *346# on your MTN line and press 1 to retrieve your NIN.
The NIN USSD code checker works for all networks.
You can check your NIN Slip too. It has your 11 Digit Number at the top left corner, on the second row.
If you don’t have a NIN, walk in to any nearby accredited NIMC ECRs (Enrolment Centres) and if you are not sure where to find one, visit https://nimc.gov.ng/nimc-enrolment-centres/ for a list of all NIMC enrolment centres in Nigeria.
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:
- Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
Other networks (Glo and 9mobile)
- For the other networks, you simply visit the nearest office of your service provider (Glo or 9mobile) to register/link your NIN.
- Go with NIN and your SIM pack or call the customer care line of your service provider.
- 9mobile said it is making effort to develop a system that would make things simple for its customers. You can check your NIN status by dialling *346# from your 9mobile line.
What you should know
- It can be recalled that following the directive of NCC to telecommunication operators on 2-week ultimatum to disconnect sim cards not registered with NIN; the NIMC warned the general public to beware of fraudsters and scammers who are on the prowl to swindle unsuspecting people.
- NIMC said that Nigerians already enrolled in the NIMC scheme but have lost their NIN should dial *346# to retrieve the NIN. It also said that USSD code is available on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile.
✅Enjoy Complete Primary & Secondary Education Online CLICK HERE!💃
PASS WAEC, BECE, POST-UME, COMMON ENTRANCE IN 1 SITTING🙌