Connect with us

Metro

Fire razes multi-million naira store in Ogun

Published

on

Goods worth millions of naira were burnt to ashes on Sunday after fire gutted a three-story electronic store in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Our correspondent gathered that the store, located in the Totoro area of Abeokuta metropolis, went up in flames around 6 am.

The fire reportedly emanated from a painting shop on the ground floor of the building.

An eyewitness told our correspondent that the building, which was razed by the fire, housed electronics and electrical appliances and other household items.

Further findings showed that the store was owned by a popular dealer, who had different electronic stores in different parts of the state capital.

When our correspondent got to the scene, he observed wreckage of electronic appliances like fridges, air conditioners, television sets destroyed by the fire.

Operatives of the state fire service reportedly arrived at the scene at 7.15 am, but it took them about one hour to finally put out the fire.

The Director of the state fire service, Fatai Adefala, attributed the incident to a power surge.

He said “It’s a three-story building where varieties of things are sold. What assisted the fire is the paint. They sell paint in one of the shops and paint is a combustible material, thereby igniting the fire. No life is lost.” 

Enjoy Complete Primary & Secondary Education Online CLICK HERE!

Download TopNaija App free | Join Us On Telegram | Promote Your Music