The Katsina House of Assembly’s upper chamber was on Wednesday destroyed following an overnight fire incident.
Assembly members hold plenary sessions inside the chamber.
It was gathered that an assembly staff, who wanted to clean up the chamber on Wednesday morning, opened its doors just to discover that the entire place had been destroyed by fire and raised the alarm.
The Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Masari, who visited the House of Assembly complex to evaluate the damage, was shocked at the incident.
The House Deputy Chief Whip, Salisu Rimaye, who was additionally at the site of the incident, declared that the major cause of the incident is unidentified, stating that a team of electricians had started procedures to find out its cause.
Rimaye further said that the fire was learned when the clerk of the house told the Sergeant at Arm to go and tidy up the chamber.
He stated that the fire extinguishers in the assembly were primarily used to curb the fire before men of the state fire service joined in extinguishing the fire.
Rimaye disclosed that no life was lost in the incident.
✅Enjoy Complete Primary & Secondary Education Online CLICK HERE!💃
PASS WAEC, BECE, POST-UME, COMMON ENTRANCE IN 1 SITTING🙌