Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING: Abducted Jangebe schoolgirls released [PHOTOS]

Published

on

Zamfara schoolgirls released photos topnaija.ng 1

Ad

Bello Matawalle, Governor of Zamfara State, has announced the release of the kidnapped students of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe.

The girls were abducted overnight Friday after much efforts from the government.

Via his official Twitter handle, Matawalle, who had earlier said Nigerians would be shocked at the identity of those who masterminded the kidnap said, “Alhamdulillah! It gladdens my heart to announce the release of the abducted students of GGSS Jangebe from captivity. This follows the scaling of several hurdles laid against our efforts. I enjoin all well-meaning Nigerians to rejoice with us as our daughters are now safe.”

The 279 students arrived in buses Government House, Gusau, at about 4a.m. on Tuesday.

On Sunday, there were reports about the release of the girls, initially reported to be 317.

Governor Matawalle debunked the report, but promised the girls would soon be released.

The girls were abducted early on Friday from Government Girls School in Jangebe, in Talata Marafa LGA of Zamfara state.

It was the fourth mass abduction by terrorists in the North west, since December 2020.

a


Ad


✅Enjoy Complete Primary & Secondary Education Online CLICK HERE!💃


PASS WAEC, BECE, POST-UME, COMMON ENTRANCE IN 1 SITTING🙌