The International Compost Awareness Week Committee invites YOU to get involved in ICAW 2018. They are looking for anyone interested in participating in The 16th Annual Poster Contest. The winning poster will be used to promote International Compost Awareness Week, May 6 -12, 2018.
The Composting Council Research and Education Foundation supports initiatives that enhance the stature and practices of the composting industry by supporting scientific research, increasing awareness, and educating practitioners and the public to advance environmentally and economically sustainable organics recycling.
- The poster contest winner will receive a $500 prize.
- The successful poster winner will have his/her poster reproduced and distributed to thousands nationwide.
- It will be the official 2018 International Compost Awareness Week poster and featured on the CCREF website as well as on the US Composting Council website too.
- The winning “poster artist” will have his/her name posted on the CCREF website and will be included on all print material and in any press releases in association with our annual ICAW celebration.
- Entries are limited to ONE SUBMISSION PER ARTIST
- The poster must include the words International Compost
Awareness Week May 6 – 12, 2018 along with the poster theme –Compost! Building a Better Future. Please make sure everything can
be easily read from a distance. Failure to follow this instruction will
disqualify your poster
- The concept and images of the poster should be based on “compost use”
or address the “benefits of recycling organic residuals.” We will especially look for images that demonstrate that organic materials are a key component to healthy soils and for keeping soils and the environment healthy in the future. When creating your poster, please remember that the winning poster will be reproduced and distributed nationally. The Composting Council Research & Education Foundation’s logo, along with sponsor logos, will be added to the poster below the winning image.
- Only ORIGINAL artwork will be considered. Please check your spelling;
misspelling the theme will disqualify your poster
- Posters that include personal or corporate information or product
endorsements will be disqualified
- Copyrighted, trademarked products, packaging, brand names and advertisements may not be used within the poster. Original signed release forms are required for persons, whether public or private citizens, who are photographed and appear on the poster. Release forms can be as simple as a paragraph stating “permission” from “subjects” with a printed list of names of the individuals appearing and signed by the individuals. If the subject is under 18 the release form must be signed by a parent or guardian. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- The artwork is to be submitted in electronic format with a resolution of 300 dpi and in jpg format. (Note: Poster Winner will be requested to resubmit poster at a higher resolution for reproduction purposes.) Poster should measure no larger than 12” wide X 17” high and be vertical (portrait) in orientation
- All entries will be reviewed by the judges and the best three identified in each division. The divisions are
• Grades 3 to 7
• Grades 8 to 12
• College students and adults
- The competition will be judged on the following criteria (40 points
• Marketability of poster to multiple audiences — 10 points.
• Creative and original artwork and idea — 10 points.
• Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout — 10 points.
• Overall Impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it
easier to understand the poster theme – 10 points.
- The Composting Council Research & Education Foundation’s ICAW Committee reserves the right to alter the final poster design or to reject all submissions for the final poster design. All submissions become the property of the Composting Council Research & Education Foundation and may be used for commercial purposes.
- No entries will be returned.
Eligible Regions: Open For All
- You must complete the entry form application and checklist, and submit your poster via email to [email protected] with “Poster Contest – Name of artist” in the subject line.
- A short paragraph on why you chose to participate in ICAW 2018 and explanation of your poster concept must be included with your email submission.
Application Deadline: November 6, 2017 (38 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
For questions, please send an email to [email protected]
✅Enjoy Complete Primary & Secondary Education Online>CLICK HERE!💃
PASS WAEC, NECO, BECE, JAMB & MORE IN 1 SITTING. GUARANTEED👌