Topnaija.ng can confirm that The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL). The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
The Janssen Global Mental Health Scholarship Fund was launched in 2012 through a generous donation from Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies). In 2018, the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship Fund was launched, providing an additional 18 scholarships over the five years. To date, 21 students registered on the MSc Global Mental Health have benefited as a result of the scholarships. This is an annual award until 2022 (for 2022-23 academic year).
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2019-20 https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/global-mental-health-msc programme.
Each scholarship will cover
full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, and
a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00, and
an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
Eligibility for funding
Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
SOUTH EAST ASIA
This list cannot be changed, and is not negotiable, and therefore we are unable to consider applicants from other countries for this particular scholarship scheme.
Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
How to apply
To apply for this funding applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for study for MSc Global Mental health program through the https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/global-mental-health-msc
Step 2: Submit an https://scholarship.lshtm.ac.uk/#/get-startedselecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship, and
Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2019-20 MSc Global Mental Health programme, and
English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Important Application Information
– We would strongly encourage applicants to submit an application for study to KCL as soon as possible, and as well in advance of the scholarship deadline as possible.
– Please ensure you pay careful attention to the content of your personal statement on your programme/study application. KCL provides the following guidance: ‘We do not normally invite applicants for interview and so the clarity and relevance of the information you provide in your personal statement is of considerable importance to us. In particular, we would like you to describe your academic background and any relevant clinical or research interests, your reasons for applying to our particular postgraduate programme and what you hope to gain from the training we offer, and how you intend to use the knowledge and skills you acquire to further your clinical or research ambitions.’
– If you have any programme-specific questions please contact Ritsuko Kakuma (MSc Global Mental Health Programme Director based at LSHTM) by email.
Online Scholarship Application
– If you have any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact our Scholarships team: email@example.com
– If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online scholarships application form, in the first instance please try clearing your browser cache and ensure that you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not fix your technical issue, please contact the School’s IT Services team, providing your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the technical issue that you have encountered. Please also attach a screen shot where possible. firstname.lastname@example.org.
– By applying for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
– Each applicant should submit only one application for the Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships for 2019-20. We would therefore encourage applicants to check carefully their online application and attachment before submission, as the first application submitted will be the one considered and there will be no opportunity to upload any documents, including the Supplementary Questions Form, after submission.
– Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary documentation at either/both Steps 1 and 2 above. Both the application to study and the scholarship application must be complete by the scholarship deadline.
– Funding Selection Process: Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews, which may be held in person or by telephone or Skype. Interviews will only be conducted with applicants who have provided the necessary proof of meeting the English Language Requirements.
The deadline for applications is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 24 March 2019.
Notification of the results of short-listing stage and invitations for an interview will be made by the week beginning Monday 29 April 2019 at the latest.
Notification of final result of your application will be made by Friday 31 May 2019.