The Laureate Global Fellowship is a pioneering youth social entrepreneurship program working to redefine how young people lead change.
Launched in 2001, the fellowship invests annually in twenty (20) extraordinary young leaders whose social ventures are transforming how age-old challenges are addressed in their communities and countries. Fellowship applicants earn their spot in this renowned cohort through a rigorous selection process including evaluation by a panel of peer leaders and executives from distinguished global institutions.
Laureate Global Fellows begin their fellowship experience at a week-long, in-person retreat where they are challenged to step away from the demands of daily work in order to see themselves, their work, and the world with new eyes.
During the retreat, Fellows develop their leadership through the following lenses:
- Individual: Fellows explore their leadership capacities, strengths, and weaknesses, and define their sense of purpose.
- Groups:Fellows learn how to collaborate effectively, work toward common goals, and motivate teams to high performance.
- Ventures:Fellows critically examine their social change solutions and find ways to sustain their impact.
- Systems: Fellows consider how their work connects to larger systems and issues.
Retreat sessions are conducted using an experiential, peer-to-peer learning methodology that equips fellows with the necessary tools and frameworks to apply what they’ve learned
Over the course of the fellowship year, fellows gain access to opportunities for needs-based personal and organizational development, including:
- One-on-one coaching and individualized support
- Virtual learning sessions
- Personal and organizational assessments
- Peer coaching groups
Beyond the fellowship year, YouthActionNet provides fellows with learning and networking opportunities, facilitates access to resources, and helps position our fellows as credible experts in their fields. Fellows join our growing network of nearly 1700 change makers in over 90 countries who have participated in YouthActionNet fellowship programs.
Applicants must be:
- 18 – 29 years old as of December 31, 2018
- Founders or co-founders of existing ventures with at least one year of impact*
- Fluent in English (applications must be completed in English)
*Applicants must be founder or co-founder of a venture that has not previously participated in the Laureate Global Fellowship, and only one co-founder per venture may apply.
Deadline: March 6th, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here