A total of six scholarships for full-time Ph.D. students are now available on offer for the year 2018-2019. International students are eligible to apply.
The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, was the first university and is the oldest in the world. It was the first place of study to use the term universities for the corporations of students and masters which came to define the institution, located in Bologna, Italy.
GRE and SAT scores are required.
- Application Deadline: Application Procedures for the Academic Year 2018-2019 open on March 2nd, 2018.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: For the academic year 2018/2019 a total of six scholarships for full-time Ph.D. students are available:
5 Ph.D. positions for research projects in any field of Economics are financed by the University of Bologna and by the Department of Economics.
1 Ph.D. position is for participants to the European Doctorate in Law and Economics, EDLE;
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship amounts to approx. € 13.600,00 gross per year (12.500, 00 net) and is paid on a monthly basis. The amount of the grant is increased by 30% during visits abroad of no less than 1 month and no more than 18 months. The full-time scholarships will be assigned to the best applicants on a competitive basis. Up to 1 self-financed Ph.D. students positions are also available (the amount of the year full tuition fees to be paid by candidates is € 157, 64 for each year).
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Up to six positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates from any country and any age holding a Master Degree (second cycle of higher education), or who are in line to complete it no later than October 31st, 2018. Such degree must be one of the following:
- An Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year system);
- An Italian university degree – pre-reform system (4 years).
- An academic degree conferred by foreign institutions, already recognized as equivalent to an Italian degree by Italian authorities like, for instance, an MA or an MSc. These include also inter-university specific agreements of cooperation and mobility.
- Candidates with a foreign academic degree (MA or MSc)must attach to their application their degree certificate (including the list of the exams taken), accompanied by an official translation into Italian or English. Their admission to the selection is conditional on the degree meets the requirements of the Call for applications. The Admissions Board can request candidates to provide additional documents.
English Language Requirements: SAT and GRE tests are aptitude and skills assessment tests. The tests can be sat in authorized centers in various countries around the world; they are held in English. They must enroll for the tests on the websites of the organizations managing the tests. The codes needed to send test scores to the University of Bologna are: for SAT 6993; for GRE 7850.
How to Apply: Application Procedures for the Academic Year 2018-2019 open on March 2nd, 2018.