The Cranfield University is a British postgraduate and research-based public university specializing in science, engineering, technology, and management.
If students are an international student they will need to provide evidence that they have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn the following programme:
- Cyber-Secure Manufacturing MSc
- Cyber Defence & Information Assurance MSc
- Cyberspace Operations MSc
- Information Capability Management
- Military Electronic Systems Engineering
- Digital Forensics MSc, PgDip, PgCert
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships Up to $US5, 000 will be awarded.
- Nationality: EU, Rest of World, UK
- Number of Scholarships:
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from EU, Rest of World, and the UK are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a female student pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Must be eligible to begin the first or second year of a Master’s Degree program or pursue doctoral studies
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- Note: If you have just been accepted to Graduate School, or are just beginning classes, you will use the final cumulative GPA from your undergraduate degree transcript to meet this criterion
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- Maybe attending on campus or online
- Maybe attending full time or part-time
- Maybe attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled; however, no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
English Language Requirements: The minimum standard expected from a number of accepted courses are as follows:
IELTS – 6.5
TOEFL – 92
Pearson PTE Academic – 65
Cambridge English Scale – 180
Cambridge English: Advanced – C
Cambridge English: Proficiency – C
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test.
How to Apply: Apply online at the Center for Cyber Safety and Education website.
What you will need:
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What should other information about the applicant be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double-spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and educational backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose you’re major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you