The African Research Universities Alliance (ARUA) is currently accepting applications for Post-doctoral fellowships on Mobility & sociality in Africa’s emerging urban. It is intended to develop African-based contributions to theories of human mobility and transforming modes of social engagement, authority, representation, and expression.
Addis Ababa University (AAU), which was established in 1950 as the University College of Addis Ababa (UCAA), is the oldest and the largest higher learning and research institution in Ethiopia. Since its inception, the University has been the leading center in teaching-learning, research and community services.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Mobility & sociality in Africa’s emerging urban.
- Nationality: African students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Fellows may be embedded at one of the following institutions:
* University of Cape Town
* University of Ghana, Legon
* University of Nairobi
* University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
* University of Zimbabwe, Harare
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Successful applications will have completed an appropriate social science or humanities PhD by the start of the fellowship. Special preference will be given to those who have studied or worked with ARUA members or associated universities. These include Addis Ababa University; University of Cape Town; University of Dar es Salaam; Cheikh Anta Diop University; University of Ibadan; University of KwaZulu-Natal; University of Ghana; University of Lagos; Obafemi Awolowo University; Makerere University; University of Nairobi; National University of Rwanda; University of Pretoria; Rhodes University; University of Stellenbosch; University of Witwatersrand. Only students who have completed their degrees within the last three years will be considered.
Post-doctoral fellows will be expected to be based for a one-year period at one of the five partner universities. Fellows will be expected to participate in an exchange programme or collaborative activity with one or more of the project partners
Fellows are expected to participate actively in University life while dedicating most of their time preparing previous research for scholarly publication. During their time they will be expected to lead one or more seminars on their work and prepare for future research initiatives.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: All queries and application materials must be emailed to emergingurban-at-migration.org.za.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising past research, qualifications, and the location for the post-doctoral fellow. Applicants should also indicate if they would consider being hosted by an alternative institution;
- A complete academic CV;
- A short proposal (1500 word maximum) outlining a yearlong research and publishing programme;
- Three professional reference letters speaking to abilities to publish, work collaboratively, and develop a future research agenda (these should be sent directly to the address below);
- A writing sample of not more than 15,000 words (e.g., book or dissertation chapter; article).
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!