The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training fo rthe staff of the United Nations system.
The Peace and Security is one organizational unit of the UNSSC. The team consists of three professional staff and works with a wide range of UN and academic partners in order to
develop initiatives for knowledge sharing and capacity building for UN Staff and partners, primarily in the following thematic areas, amongst others:
- Developing and delivering online courses and webinars on Decentralized Governance and Peacebuilding; Acting Locally: Citizen Participation for Resilient Institutions, Conflict Analysis for Prevention and Peacebuilding; and Working at the Nexus of Human Rights and Conflict Transformation.
- Developing and delivering train the trainers courses on Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments (SSAFE);
- Designing and delivering customised training curricula in the thematic areas related to Decentralised Governance; Conflict Analysis; Elections; Non-state armed groups.
- Certifying UN surge staff in SSAFE.
Description of Duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Manager, Peace and Security and the direct supervision of the Course Coordinator, the Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the “Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments” (SSAFE) programme database through tasks such as:
- Inserting lists of participants received from the field into the database;
- Following-up with SSAFE focal points in the field to obtain missing data;
- Maintaining lists on SSAFE courses planned in 2018 and 2019 worldwide.
- Contribute to marketing and communications efforts, through the drafting of information pieces and correspondence.
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required, internal discussions and meetings, note taking and report writing, and support Course Coordinator(s) in coordinating and following up with Finance and Administration on e-learning related issues.
- Provide support to e-learning course design, development and delivery.
- Support facilitation of online courses on UNSSC UNKampus and webex, in collaboration with Subject Matter Expert(s) and development vendor(s); Update online courses as per instruction.
- Contribute to record keeping and provide coordination for online learning participants during the delivery of online courses.
- Provide technical support to e-learning development process as required, through tasks such as:
- Conducting benchmarking and research as required to inform development;
- Editing digital learning assets and resources (i.e. PowerPoints); and
- Contributing to quality control of infographics, multimedia and other e-learning assets and resources.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Remuneration: 450€ per month
- Please check the official website for further details regarding the benefits.
Candidates currently enrolled in or having completed a higher degree University programme (Masters or other) in learning/instructional design, organization development with specialized knowledge in learning and training/human resources development, or an area related to UNSSC programmatic priorities.
Previous work experience is not required. Practical experience in the design, development, and delivery of a range of learning products, including e-learning is highly desirable.
- Language competencies:
Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Computer skills:
Knowledge of online learning and social media tools; proven ability to use Microsoft Office, internet browsers and online platforms.
- Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship Vacancy Announcement 001”
Application Deadline: May 13, 2018 (2 Days Remaining)
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!