The Unlocking ¢hange Challenge will support the most promising social entrepreneurs in the United States with bold ideas to increase financial wellbeing, ensuring communities can set financial goals, grow their personal savings, and access capital, credit, financial services, and products needed to thrive.
- Opportunity to participate in the peer review process, offering feedback to their peers and receiving feedback from peers
- Feedback from Ashoka reviewers on their entry’s highlights and areas for improvement
- Exposure to selected pieces of content covering the topic of financial wellbeing
- Exposure to original Ashoka and BNY Mellon Challenge Trends Report, resulting from the data collected and analyzed during the challenge process
Semi-Finalists receive all of the above, plus:
- Opportunity to refine their entries and incorporate insights from reviewers and peer feedback
- Feedback from BNY Mellon employees and Ashoka staff on their edited entry form
Additional online support session during refining phase
- Access to an exclusive Drivers of Financial Wellbeing online community
- Formal (hard copy) recognition of their contributions to the broader movement from BNY Mellon and Ashoka suitable for framing.
10 Pioneers (Finalists) are given all that Drivers receive, plus:
- Invitation to participate in a syndicated Ashoka Huddles for challenge Pioneers during the final evaluation period.
- Featured representation of all Pioneers in an online article
- Connection with BNY Mellon employees for expert guidance and support
- Consideration for Ashoka Fellows selection pipeline
4 Champions (Winners) are given all that Drivers and Pioneers receive, plus:
- A $50,000 cash award for each Champion to support activities related to achieving the social impact goal of the program presented to the Ashoka BNY Mellon Unlocking Change
- Only one application per initiative will be accepted.
- Employees of BNY Mellon and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
Eligible Regions: United States
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: June 13, 2018 (13 Days Remaining)