The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
Check the official website for detail benefits.
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
Basic application criteria:
- You must have the nationality of a participating country.
- You must hold at least a three-year first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- You must be born on or after 1 January 1986.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Monaco, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam.
- The application period is open from 11 June through 9 August 2018 (closes at 11:59 PM New York time).
- Please log in to inspira.un.org to view and apply to the Job Openings (JO).
- Apply online through the given link
- 2018 YPP Exam in LEGAL AFFAIRS: JO # 97458
- 2018 YPP Exam in SOCIAL AFFAIRS: JO # 97511
- 2018 YPP Exam in STATISTICS: JO # 97438
Application Deadline: August 9, 2018 (50 Days Remaining)