Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are the global awards for local peacebuilding. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are inspiring individuals working together to build a better tomorrow in some of the world’s most fragile areas.
- The winners will receive global publicity and cash prizes.
- The previous prize winners have worked with ex-child soldiers in Uganda, young people in Israel-Palestine, villagers hit by drug wars in Colombia, tribal groups in Papua New Guinea and more.
- $10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities.
- 5 years free membership of the Alliance for Peacebuilding.
- Promotion of their work online, including on the Peace Insight and Peace Direct websites and newsletters.
- An all-expenses-paid trip to the award ceremony at PeaceCon 2018 in Washington, DC.
- They are looking for photos that illustrate the theme of ‘local peacebuilding’. $1,000 will be awarded to the winning entry.
There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Be undertaking peacebuilding work: your organisation will be either a peacebuilding organisation or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based: your organisation must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organisation should be an independent organisation (not the local office of an international organisation)
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or nonviolent action
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
- In order to enter, please download and return the application form given in the Apply Now link.
- They prefer to receive applications completed in English. If you are not comfortable writing your answers in English, you are encouraged to have a friend or colleague to translate your application into English prior to submission. If these options are not possible, they will accept applications in French or Spanish.
- Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the total size of email attachments does not exceed 5 MB. Emails larger than 5 MB may be rejected by our email system.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2018 (34 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
For further information on the awards, please visit the website or email at: email@example.com
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!