The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and/or engineering and health.
- Scholarship valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies.
- Should more funding become available, more scholarship may be awarded.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota (i.e., a predetermined number of applications that can be put forward to the national competition)) to host Vanier scholars.
- Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
- In-detail instructions provided in application link.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018 (37 Days Remaining)