Founded in 2007 by two men from vastly different backgrounds but with a common passion, Peace Generation Indonesia serves a key role in promoting peace through creative media. Irfan Amalee, an Indonesian Muslim, has been involved in media creation and publishing for ten years, and Eric Lincoln, an American Christian, has been a teacher and a drug prevention counselor in Chicago US for many years. Despite their different backgrounds, Irfan and Eric shared a common interest in promoting peace and bridging the gap between different communities through peaceful relationships amongst the younger generation because many violent conflicts are started through lack of understanding.
Peace Generation believes that conflict prevention is as important as conflict resolution in making peace in the world since the latest data shows that 90% of current conflicts are a reoccurrence of previous conflicts and only 10% are actually new conflicts. This data indicates that most conflicts are passed from generation to generation.
To strengthen their work on peace education and creative media, PeaceGeneration Indonesia is currently looking for interns through PeaceGeneration Internship Program 2018. This program is designed for young people to actively participate in content development, creative design, social media optimization and technology development. PeaceGeneration Internship Program will run for three months beginning on 1 July, 2018 and ending on 30 September, 2018.
- The Intern will get a supervisor who will act as their mentor at the organization
- The intern will receive a stipend of IDR 1.500.000 per month
- The intern will be invited to program meeting so they can involve in decision-making process
- Note: The cost of travel, visa, accommodation and health insurance are the responsibility of interns
- Full-time or part-time undergraduates and graduate students
- Results-oriented with a strong commitment to peace promotion and creative media
- Previous work experience is not required, Portfolio of skills is highly desirable
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Please apply through bit.ly/PeaceGenPIP2 and submit :
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter
- A portfolio of your work (e.g photos/ design/ video/ writing/ website/ blog)
to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 June, 2018
Application Deadline: June 30, 2018 (13 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries