The Alliance of Civilizations launched by the Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations and co-sponsored by the Governments of Spain and Turkey, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. The Alliance hopes to contribute to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society.
- Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions
- Further, UNOPS may provide a one-time travel lumpsum of 500 USD
- Opportunity to work with a great team and gain hands-on experience
- Currently enrolled or recently completed university degree on Communications, Education, Political Science, or relevant program to UNAOC’s Media and Information Literacy initiatives
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; attention to detail; and determination to meet deadlines
- Previous experience with social media and strong event organization skills is highly desirable
- Experience organizing public events.
- Basic video editing knowledge (FCP, Adobe, and similar)
- Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus
- Good knowledge of WordPress is necessary
- Fluent in English with advanced written and verbal skills. Knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage
DEADLINE: March 25, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here