Topnaija.ng gathered that, The University Administration Support Program (UASP) Fellowships in Research management, developed and implemented by IREX and kindly supported by the Carnegie Corporation of New York, supports the development of university research management capacity through a six-week fellowship in the United States for mid- to senior-level research managers from Africa and Eurasia.
The UASP provides to fellows: roundtrip airfare, visa fees, accident and sickness insurance, housing, $50/day daily allowance (meals and incidentals), and at least $600 professional development allowance (for educational materials, conferences, and memberships in US professional associations).
- Be a citizen of and reside in Armenia, Belarus, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, or Ukraine at the time of application and participation;
- Be proficient in writing, reading, and speaking English;
- Be able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa;
- Be available to participate in fellowships in the United States for approximately six weeks during fall 2018 or winter 2019;
- Be committed to producing an implementation plan or comparative case study on a topic of research management while in the United States; and
- Hold a full-time position focusing on research management at an eligible university,* with sufficient seniority to be an agent for change (capacity to introduce reforms following program participation).
DEADLINE: April 15, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here