UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
UNDP Office has organized internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work.
The duration of an internship assignment varies in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP. Assignments are available for the period of minimum 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months.
- Provides a compact understanding of UNDP’ s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities
- Complements development-oriented studies as well as international studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation
- Provides practical experience in various aspects of project management in an international work environment
- Provides specialization in the areas of public relations/communications, sustainable development, democratic governance and peace-building, climate and disaster resilience, human rights, gender, combating HIV/AIDS, promoting civic engagement and Sustainable Development Goals
The following conditions should be met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English. Fluency in Russian and/or Romanian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include the willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of a UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP. An applicant who bears any other family relationship with a UNDP staff member may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Apply online through the given link.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections
- Upon completion of the first page, hit “submit application” tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and please ensure that copies of your educational qualifications are available when contacted
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018 (60 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
For any further queries or any difficulties faced with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!