The World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) campaign: Heritage in our hands will take stock of the progress made over the past ten years to mobilize youth to preserve and promote World Heritage by reaching out to their peers and their communities.
Over the past ten years, the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Initiative has tremendously grown due to the increasing interest and appreciation for the protection and preservation of World Heritage sites. In the year of its 10th anniversary, 51 youth action projects will be implemented at 50 World Heritage properties and sites inscribed on the Tentative Lists, from May through November 2017, by 46 organizations in 32 countries.
The International Heritage Camp will enable volunteers to acquire basic preservation and conservation skills and to engage in intercultural exchanges with local communities while being involved in World Heritage preservation and promotion.
Volunteering for World Heritage preservation is a unique experience!
The World Heritage Volunteers Initiative is led by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre (WHC).
Elixir Foundation was one of the global 46 organizations selected by UNESCO to work on World Heritage Volunteers 2017 Program at Rani-Ki-Vav (The Queen’s Step Well) in India from 20 June 2017 – 01 July 2017 with an active participation of youths from 6 countries and 11 states of India. Taking a step forward in the direction of making heritage sustainable for future generations we herewith come with International Heritage Camp at Rani-Ki-Vav (The Queen’s Step Well), Patan, Gujarat, India.
Elixir Foundation is inviting active participation of the youth globally to work on heritage conservation and promotion in India with Archaeological Survey of India & Government of Gujarat.
- To be a part of the 1st International Heritage Camp of India.
- Develop your Heritage Quotient.
- Meet Heritage Experts.
- International Certification.
- Work together with Global Participants.
- Build a network with the community.
- Explore Indian Culture, Heritage & Architecture.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Apply online through the given link.
- Participation Fees:
- Indian Nationals: INR 8000 (Inclusive of Accommodation on sharing basis, Food & Local Travel)
- Foreign Nationals: $155 (Inclusive of Accommodation on sharing basis, Food & Local Travel)
Application Deadline: January 7, 2018 (21 Days Remaining)