The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering International Climate Protection Fellowships to prospective leaders to device a research based proposal in climate-related resource conservation and climate protection during their stay in Germany. The German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety’s (BMUB) International Climate Initiative funds up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships annually. The objective of this program is to bring together decision makers and multipliers from around the world to exchange knowledge and account for issues related to climate protection.
- Depending on your qualifications, a fellowship between €2,150 and €2,650 is offered
- Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- Supplementary financial backing for accompanying family members, travel expenses or German Language courses
- A three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- For the preservation of your contact with your collaborative partners in Germany, an extensive alumni sponsorship is offered
- €800 per month research allowance is offered for research-based proposals in the natural and engineering sciences and €500 for proposals in the humanities and social sciences
- Language fellowship for a one- to two-month intensive German language course in Germany immediately prior to the fellowship
For further information on benefits of this program, please visit the official website.
- First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years previously
- Leadership skills validated by appropriate references
- At least 48 months of work experience and/or a successfully completed doctorate in the relevant field
- Scientific publications (for post-doctoral applicants)
- A detailed statement and a mentoring agreement from a host in Germany
- Citizenship of a Non-European transition or a developing country (see a list of countries in the official site)
- Language proficiency in English and/or German
- Two expert references
Eligible Regions: Multiple Region (See list of eligible countries in the official link)
Applications must be completed online. Follow the link for more details.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019 (294 Days Remaining)