The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and ASEAN Foundation that consists of mentoring, regional leadership training, and overseas local community projects. The community projects will be incubated to be scaled up in the coming years as social enterprises across the region to become the foremost initiative in Southeast Asia for catalyzing youth participation and impact on their communities. The programme is initiated with the realization that the future of ASEAN is in the hands of youths, and their energy and creativity can be channeled into challenging and meaningful activities to strengthen community bonds, encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, and generate innovative solutions to socio-economic challenges.
The programme aims to make a sustained and positive impact on ASEAN youth empowerment and ASEAN community building efforts. More specifically, this programme has the objectives to:
- To promote volunteerism, social innovation, and awareness of ASEAN
- To create an alternative career path for youths
- To raise awareness among ASEAN youths on social causes
- To improve the social and economic well-being of ASEAN communities through social enterprises
Each accepted participant will be grouped with 9 other accepted participants from the same country of origin and each group will be paired with an overseas partner Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). Prior to the overseas project, groups will go through an online learning series and regional training in Thailand (January 2019). Overseas local community project will be located in Indonesia, Malaysia, or Cambodia. Check the official website for the possible focuses which the CSOs might be working on.
The ASEAN Foundation was established by the ASEAN Leaders in December 1997 during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit to help bring about shared prosperity and a sustainable future to all 10 ASEAN Member Countries, namely, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam.
Accepted participants will receive:
- A fully-funded orientation and capacity building prior departure to the community project.
- Return flight ticket from home country to the volunteer location
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and local transport
- A grant to implement the two weeks overseas local community project
The programme organizers will not cover the following:
- Local transport from the participants’ home to the airport
- Any other expenses not directly related to the programme
- Age of 19-35 years old by applicant’s next birthday (2019)
- Citizens of ASEAN Member States
- Fluency in English, like mentoring, training, and general communication during the programme will be fully conducted in English, participants are required to be able to have verbal and written fluency in English.
- Full commitment themselves to one-week regional training from 20 to 25 January 2019 and two weeks overseas volunteering project on from 17 February to 2 March 2019
Eligible Regions: ASEAN Member States
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2018 (16 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
For further inquiries please contact ASEAN Foundation by email on email@example.com
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!