Deadline: November 10, 2018
Do you know anyone who has been using social media and information technology and responsibly? If yes, nominate them or yourself for the Digital Citizenship SDG Awards 2018.
The DigCitSDGawards will unite, celebrate, reward and support Cameroonian youths who have been using social media and technology to inspire positive change and contribute to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Run by Positive Youths Africa in partnership with the United Nations and other organizations working for the SDGs in Cameroon, the DigCit SDG awards is going to crown the first edition of the Digital Citizenship Summit, Cameroon (DigCitsummitCM) which is set to hatch a generation of positive digital users.
DigCitSDGawards will therefore long-list and summon 200 candidates from all the ten regions of Cameroon who have demonstrated remarkable efforts in using social media and technology to create solutions to pressing problems, promote peace and sustainable development while advancing common good; to network, learn, share and grow. All these 200 longlisted candidates would benefit from training on digital citizenship while engaging in workshops, panel discussions, networking opportunities, and all the exciting opportunities that the summit offers.
All the 200 longlisted candidates will benefit from the training, panel discussions as well as the wide networks from the summit. However, only 25 of these 200 shall be shortlisted for awards out of which only 3 of the most prominent shall receive cash prizes including a fully funded trip to attend the next DigCitSummit in Nigeria. The first 3 prizes are as follows;
- 1st Grand prize: FCFA 300,000 + a fully funded trip to attend the DigCitSummit in Nigeria
- 2nd Grand prize: FCFA 200,000
- 3rd Grand prize: FCFA 100,000
- All the 25 awardees would be given awards and material prizes such as phones and internet packages, etc.
- Open to Cameroonian citizens;
- Self-nominations are allowed;
- Candidates should be fluent in English or French;
- Aged between 15 to 35 years old;
- Demonstrate remarkable efforts in using social media and/or technology to advance solutions to pressing problems, promote peace and contribute to one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Be available to attend the summit;
- Be committed to further spread the lessons learned and use the prize to contribute to Digital Citizenship and sustainable development within their spheres of influence.
Nominations can be done by filling the nomination form at the bottom of the official website.
For more information, visit DigCit SDG Awards.