Cambridge Immerse is a residential academic programme with a diverse and enriching curriculum. Our 16-18 year old programmes are designed to provide a taster of what it’s like to study a subject at university level. Their 13-15 year old programmes are designed to ignite students’ interest and help them better understand what subjects they should be pursuing at a higher level.
All academic sessions are carefully designed and taught by expert tutors in an optimal learning environment that stimulates academic inquiry. And our carefully planned schedule ensures that the programme not only meets the academic needs of the participants, but also provides a unique experience of the university city through an abundance of extracurricular activities.
Students reside in one of central Cambridge’s largest and most beautiful university colleges. Within the college’s historic walls, we pride ourselves on providing unique experiences of leadership and academic excellence through an inspirational programme for participants. With its diverse and enriching curriculum, the programme allows students to explore and further their knowledge of a chosen subject in an unrivaled academic environment. Students emerge more confident and ready to articulate what they have learned, with knowledge of their chosen fields that provides fascinating academic insights – and, of course, many unforgettable memories along the way.
Two categories of scholarship are available; the first for students aged 13-15 and the second for students aged 16-18. Students seeking financial aid may apply for a scholarship at Cambridge Immerse, which could result in a maximum 100% reduction in programme fees.
- Their philosophy is that each of the participants should feel challenged with interesting academic concepts, whilst the tutors create a welcoming and supportive environment in which their participants thrive.
- During the academic sessions at Cambridge Immerse, participants will be encouraged to explore and discuss advanced (and interesting!) topics in carefully planned classes that are designed to emulate the unique Oxbridge system of tutor-student engagement and debate.
- The aim of this approach is to allow students to develop skills that go beyond simply the learning of facts, but rather to interact with the material in a way that will stimulate academic thought and curiosity.
- These skills are vital for success in higher education. Participants in their Cambridge summer programmes tackle challenging and interesting academic topics that not only further academic passions but also develops themselves as a student and as an individual.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- Aged between 13-18 at the commencement of the selected programme session
- Available to attend the academic sessions in Cambridge for the duration of the programme
- Eligible to live and study in the UK for the duration of the programme
- Attending a non-fee paying school (or attending a fee-paying school whilst receiving a scholarship/grant/bursary/financial assistance)
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Stage 1 – Applications opened on Monday 10th September 2018. Applicants should complete an online form as accurately as possible. The deadline for completing the application form is 23:59pm on 7th December 2018.
- On 4th January 2019 by 18:00, applicants will be notified of whether they have been successful in reaching Stage 2.
- Stage 2 – Successful candidates will be invited to complete a video interview.
- Deadlines for the video interviews will be confirmed with the invitation. Applicants will typically have three days to respond.
- Stage 3 – All applicants will be emailed with the outcome by 18th January 2019. Those who are successful in the video interview stage will receive instructions regarding the required information to accompany their application. This information may include some or all of the following:
- Financial Aid Verification (evidence of financial hardship)
- Recent Grades/Examination Results/Academic achievements
- References from Tutors/Teachers
- An essay on a topic to be confirmed at this time
The deadline for any documentation and/or information required to be submitted is 1st February 2019 at 18:00.
- Stage 4 – All applicants will be contacted via email by 18:00 on 15th February 2019. Successful applicants must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship by 18:00 on 28th February 2019.
- All applicants must specify which subject they wish to study during the scholarship application process. Students are not required to pay a course deposit before applying for the scholarship. Unsuccessful scholarship applicants who do not wish to continue with a regular enrolment will be under no obligation to process a course deposit payment. Unsuccessful applicants who still wish to register are required to make a deposit payment to secure a place on their chosen course.
Please note – dates and times mentioned above are provisional and subject to change.
Application Deadline: December 7, 2018 (60 Days Remaining)