Watson Institute at Lynn University understands that to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, we must equip the next generation with the necessary tools, network, mindset, and courage to unleash a lifetime of impact. They’re recruiting the pioneer class who will:
- Earn their bachelor’s degree in as little as three years while building a venture
- Experience courses based on Watson’s award-winning methodology
- Connect with a powerful network of mentors and social entrepreneurs including Jerry White, a leader of the Nobel Prize-winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines; Tom Chi who helped invent Google Glass and the self-driving car; and Erin Schrode, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress
- Be part of a transformative group of aspiring social entrepreneurs from around the world
- Gain experience solving real social, economic and environmental problems, a global network of mentors, and lifelong friends
For the first time, the Watson program will be offered on Lynn University’s campus in South Florida.
Next generation innovators and social entrepreneurs will engage in their passions, solve significant social, environmental and economic challenges, and earn a Bachelor’s of Science in Social Entrepreneurship from Lynn University. The program will combine Lynn’s Dialogues curriculum with Watson’s unique program, including:
- 1:1 Mentorship
• Deep dives into the most pressing social and environmental issues of our time
• Training in courses such as ideation, business model validation, funder readiness, virtuous entrepreneur, and transformative team.
• Weekly workshops put on by world-class leaders and entrepreneurs from around the globe
• A small, very selective international cohort of 20 students who are pioneering their education
• Competing for seed funding
• Traveling with the cohort during a scholar trip
• Meeting with investors + funders during the annual “Funders Week”
• Showcasing ventures during the annual “Summit”
- Powerful idea for social change
- Strong track record in the social impact space
- Passion for solving a specific social, environmental or economic issue / Sustainable Development Goal
Round 1: Submission of application online to Watson Institute at Lynn University: watson.lynn.edu/apply
Round 2: Applicants that make it to round 2 complete a short task to showcase their communications kills
Round 3: Interview
Round 4: Application to Lynn University for final admission
DEADLINE: April 1, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!