British Council is launching a West Africa Arts Fund to create stronger connections and collaborations between UK and West African festivals across a range of art forms. These connections will be facilitated through reciprocal programming of young, emerging artists between UK and West African festivals, professional development of artists and festival management teams, exchange visits between UK and West Africa and other collaborative activities between festivals in UK and West Africa.
- The maximum grant amount will be 10,000 GBP (or the equivalent in local currency).
- Proposals that demonstrate higher Value for Money and require less than the maximum grant amount will be more likely favourably considered.
- The maximum grant amount will be up to 70% of your total budget of the specific activity you are seeking support for.
The application is open to:
- Festivals that take place in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone or United Kingdom (although artists in other West African countries can participate in the festivals)
- Festivals taking place between June 2018 and March 2019.
- Festivals that have held a minimum of two editions as of 31 March 2018.
- Festivals that present one or more of the following art forms: Music, Film, all Performing and Visual Arts, Architecture, Design, Fashion and Literature.
DEADLINE: March 7 2018
To apply and for more information visit here