The U.S. Department of State is excited to announce the launch of the 2019 Global Innovation through Science and Technology, Technology Idea (GIST Tech-I) competition. Exact dates and details will be published over the next few weeks on GISTNetwork.org, Facebook and Twitter.
GIST Tech-I is a global pitching competition which seeks to identify and select, train, and encourage innovations by young scientists and great minds all over the world. As part of the GIST initiative, Tech-I works to empower young innovators to build businesses that address economic and development challenges.
- For the 2019 competition, up to twenty-four finalists will receive an all-expense paid trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Bahrain to showcase their venture and to receive intensive training.
- GIST Tech-I winners, selected by experts at GEC, win prizes, and receive one-on-one mentorship and training.
To qualify, Individuals must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be aged 18-40 years old at on the day of the application deadline.
- The applicant must be a citizen of at least one of the 132 GIST Tech-I-eligible emerging economies (full list here).
- The applicant must not hold dual-citizenship or permanent resident status in a non-GIST economy.
- The applicant must not submit more than one application per GIST Tech-I competition year.
- The applicant must not be a previous GIST Tech-I finalist who traveled to and competed in the GIST Tech-I Finals.
- In addition to meeting the applicant age and citizenship requirements above, Ideas and Startups that met.
DEADLINE: November 23 2018
Subscribe to TN Daily!
TopNaija.ng is expanding! Content Interns & Bloggers Needed!