Applications are invited for 3 Masters and PhD Scholarships at Mobile Computing Lab at Chosun University, South Korea. Candidates with good credentials will join their dynamic international team as PhD or Master students in the area of wireless networking and mobile computing (including related fields).
The Mobile Computing Lab at Chosun University, Gwangju is inviting applications for three graduate research scholarship positions to join the dynamic international team as PhD or Master students in the area of wireless networking and mobile computing (including related fields).
Chosun University is one of the oldest private universities in South Korea. Its campus is situated in Gwangju metropolitan city, in southwestern South Korea. The current president is John Ho-Jong. Around 33,000 students are enrolled.
Study Subject(s): Mobile Computing Lab
Course Level: PhD and Masters
Scholarship Provider: Chosun University
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Application Deadline: February 25, 2018
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
1. For PhD (preferable) and M.S. applicants: 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5 or higher of cumulative GPA, or 70% or higher of cumulative score if no CGPA is given (preferably in Communications/Computer/Electronics Engineering or related areas)
2. Good programming skills in C/C++
3. Good English language skills: TOEFL IBT 91, IELTS 6.5 or higher if your mother tongue is not English
4. Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment
5. Good ability for highly self-motivated independent research
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Scholarship Description: The Mobile Computing Lab is seeking for skilful, hardworking and creative candidates with good credentials to join our dynamic international team as PhD or Master Students within the area of wireless networks or related fields (including wireless local area networks, mobile ad hoc networks, wireless sensor networks and cognitive radio networks).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the followings to Prof. Sangman Moh at smmoh-at-chosun.ac.kr by February 25, 2018, via email:
1. CV (including names, date of birth, nationality, gender, contact details, education, work experience, publications, and TOEFL/IELTS score if English is not your mother tongue)
2. Scanned academic transcripts of B.S. (and M.S. for PhD applicants)
3. Scanned TOEFL/IELTS score report
4. (Optional) one-page study plan (stating the research topics you are interested in if any) Only electronic applications are accepted. The above items 1, 2 and 3 (and 4 if any) should be either merged as one PDF file or zipped into one file.) The files must be sent by the stated date and the email title should be “Application to Graduate Research Scholarships for Fall 2018 at MCL (Your full name)”. For any further questions about the positions, please do not hesitate to contact: Prof. Sangman Moh, PhD (email: smmoh-at-chosun.ac.kr)