Your Mondays really do not have to be so awful. With just a few of these tips you can hack your Sunday for the best week ever.
- Toss everything that’s expired or questionable in your fridge.
Grab anything that’s definitely gone bad or just all the leftovers you know you are not going to eat. If you do a regular clean every week, it’ll always be quick and easy.
- Clean out your purse or bag.
By the end of the week your bag has become filled with random receipts, loose change, and that random flyer you were handed you on the way to work. Empty out all the unnecessary things you have collected and organize the important stuff so you know where everything is.
- Go shopping for the whole week.
Planning your meals for the week will not only help you eat healthier, but it will also free you up from having to run back to the store every other day.
- Prep lots of healthy snacks so you will never go hungry.
- Prepare Monday morning breakfast.
Getting a good start to the week is crucial and having your breakfast ready to go in the morning will save you time, keep you on schedule, and allow you to start the day comfortably.
- Write your Monday-morning to-do list.
Take some time to plan out what you need to do tomorrow, when you are going to work out, what you are going to eat, what you have to get done at work, etc. so that you can keep the Monday Blues to a minimum.
- Make a weekly goals list of all the big things you want to accomplish.
Nothing is more satisfying than being able to check something off a list. So write down all the stuff you want to get done this week and keep it with you.
- Take some time for yourself.
It’s great to make checklists, take care of chores, and get organized for the week ahead, but don’t forget to make some YOU time.
- Make some time to catch up with family and friends.
Weekdays are super hectic, so it’s easy to go for days if not weeks without talking to people you care about. Instead of shooting off a quick text, take the time to call or hang out with someone on Sunday.
- Hang up your clothes and put your closet back in order.
Save yourself the pain and frustration of having no idea what to wear and trying to track down your clothes, by cleaning your closet and organizing your clothes before heading to sleep.
- Plan out your outfits for the next five days.
So you can be prepared in the case of any downpour
- Find great pump-up playlists that go with every activity.
Set aside some time to create some awesome playlists that will help you finish all your tasks in no time.
- Empty all your garbage cans and get the trash ready for pick-up day.
Sunday may not be trash day, but emptying all of your trashcans around the house and getting it ready to go will save you from having to do it on a weeknight when you have a million other things to get done.
- Get outside.
It’s tempting to stay cooped up in the house because you may be having a lazy Sunday but getting outside will raise your vitamin D levels, improve your mood and self-esteem, get you more exercise, and better your concentration.
- Find something that inspires you to stay motivated throughout the week. Find something inspirational – a picture, quote, song, book, video – that you can reference every time you need a little push.
- Treat yourself.
Don’t be afraid to pamper yourself a little! Take a long hot bath, order delivery from your favorite restaurant, or watch a few episodes of your favourite series. You will be more productive during the week if you feel good.