Enthusiasm is a great feeling of excitement, an interest in something and a desire to become involved in it. Having enthusiasm brings in motivation to take action, you feel more energetic to start at that moment you thought of no obstacle, nothing can stop you from doing what you desire most. Enthusiasm gives us the chance to change our happiness set point. And happiness helps us harness the power of our minds and hearts to work together.
Here are a few things you can do on a daily basis that will help you ignite enthusiasm:
- To become more enthusiastic, act more enthusiastic – “Force yourself to act enthusiastic, and you will become more enthusiastic.- Edward B. Butler.
- Define your goals and what you need to do to achieve them – Sit down and write down your most important life goals. Then put a plan together to accomplish them.
- Get organized – Get a system together that will squeeze the most productivity out of each day and stick to it. Do not procrastinate or get distracted. Keep focused on the task at hand, and you will turn every workday into a success.
- Draw strength from the positive – Remember the times in your life when you were enthusiastic. Feed off those positive feelings. Learn from the times you failed, but focus and draw inspiration from your successes.
- Look for “Aha!” moments – “Aha!” moments are those moments in life when something happens that changes some aspect of your life for the better. Look for your “Aha!” moments and record them in a journal.
- Don’t dwell on the negative – Don’t think about past mistakes. Put them out of your mind. Banish them to the basement. And stop worrying about things you can’t change.
- Make a list of the things in life you are grateful for – Most of us have a lot in life to be grateful for. It’s important to remind ourselves of this every so often. Get a piece of paper and a pen and start compiling a list of everything in life you are grateful for. Whenever you need a boost, take this out and remind yourself of all the good things you have in your life.
- Make a list of things that make you happy – Make another list consisting of things that make you happy. List all the events and activities you do that bring you pleasure. Use it as a reminder of all the joy that is possible in life.
- Don’t try to solve the entire world’s problems at once – It can feel quite overwhelming if you look to where you want to be in life and where you are now, along with all the things you have to do to fill the gap. Feeling overwhelmed can often lead to total paralysis in terms of moving closer to your goals and aspirations. Focus on one thing at a time with steady, consistent action, and you will get where you want and need to be in life.
- Surround yourself with enthusiastic people – Enthusiasm really is contagious. When you feed off other people’s energy, great things will happen. Hang out with enthusiastic people and get them to talk about what they are enthusiastic about. Enthusiasm is contagious, so use that fact to help yourself. On the flipside, get rid of the negative people in your life that zap your energy. If you cannot convince them to be enthusiastic, avoid them.
- Perform random acts of kindness – Always be on the lookout to help someone in need, even it’s just with a friendly smile and a kind word.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers – Don’t listen to the people who criticize you without being constructive or always seem to discourage you.
- Get your energy level up – It’s easier to be enthusiastic if you have lots of energy and feel good about yourself physically. It takes energy to be enthusiastic. So if you are having trouble feeling that emotion then it might be because one or more basic energy problems. So get enough sleep. Eat well and not more or less than enough. Work out.